Texas EHS Round Up Mini Conference

February 17, 2005
Freescale Semiconductor
Austin, Texas

Attendees: 80, 5 from out of state, 5 from the Dallas area, 2 from Houston, 35 not currently associated with local chapter

Speakers: 3 keynotes, 9 general sessions

Tracks: 4 tracks -- Safety & Risk Management, Environmental, EHS Technology, IH & OHR

Proceedings Articles: click here (Members Only)

  • Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
  • EORM
  • Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
  • Koetter Fire Protection
  • Neutral Posture
  • Progressive Recovery, Inc.
  • Sematech
  • Shaw Environmental, Inc.
  • URS Corporation
  • Zellweger Analytics, Inc.
  • Zephyr Environmental, Inc.

Speaker Awards: All speakers received a certificate along with a thumb drive and a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble donated by Air Products (Speakers attended for free)

Sponsor Certificates: All sponsors were awarded with a certificate

Membership Applications: 3-4 individuals were given national membership applications due to their interest in joining.

Feedback: Many verbal comments and several emails indicated the conference was a wonderful, glowing success! The booth sponsors were duly impressed and felt that their money was well spent. Written feedback was solicited at the conclusion of the event. The feedback was very positive, and provided some good suggestions for future mini-conferences.

Conference Proceedings: All conference attendees were provided with a CD containing the presentations from the conference. The proceedings will also be posted on the SESHA National web site.

Proceeds: Approximately $5400 was received from conference fees after costs were paid. Per agreement with SESHA National, Texas Hill Country Chapter will retain 25% to fund future chapter activities. The remaining 75% will go to National to help fund the Bill B. Turney Scholarship Fund.